Job Specification & Responsibilities
The Digital Project Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and completing specific projects on time and on budget. Experience delivering web and mobile projects is a requirement. Strong client-facing skills, meticulous attention to detail and a solid work ethic are essential. You will work within our technology team and report to the Technical Director.
- Define and understand the project requirements and objectives.
- Define and document the scope of work and project deliverables.
- Create the project plan and revise as appropriate to meet changing circumstances.
- Identify the resources needed to complete the project and assign individual responsibilities.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project.
- Review deliverables prepared by the team before delivering to the client.
- Effectively apply agency process and enforce project standards.
- Issue change requests to capture scope creep.
- Minimise exposure to risk on the project by pre-empting issues before they arise and troubleshooting them when they do.
- Ensure tracking requirements in accordance with campaign KPIs are implemented correctly.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Traffic work into Studio using agency’s traffic system.
Day to Day Activities
- Develop a general understanding in the areas of application programming, database development and system design on various client and non-client platforms.
- Work in tandem with a number of technical partners (e.g. data companies, development partners, hosting providers, client technologists etc).
- Understand client platform architecture.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and evolving platforms (e.g. social channels, mobile platforms etc) and their potential application on client projects.
- Set and manage client expectations as per the project plan.
- Communicate key dates and project requirements effectively to clients.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team.
- Resolve and / or escalate issues in a timely fashion using client or agency protocols.
- Understand how to communicate difficult / sensitive information tactfully.
- Approve Studio traffic requests as and when they are scheduled by the agency.
- Resolve traffic conflicts should they arise.
- Ensure the appropriate resources are assigned to each job.
- Up to 2 years demonstrable experience delivering web and/or mobile projects
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new processes
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent communications skills – written and spoken
- Familiarity with relevant technologies & platforms e.g. SEO, mobile, CMS systems etc
This is a junior role that would suit a recent graduate with up to 2 years experience. If this sounds like you then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.